Saturday 26 January 2013

Love at the circus

Love is in the air at the circus.

Look closely in the trees high above the big top and you might just spot Mr and Mrs Owl. The circus carries on as usual below . . . zebras parade, silly birds swing, while an elegant elephant balances exquisitely on the tightrope. But despite all the marvels to behold, Mr and Mrs Owl only have eyes for each other. Betty Butterscotch watches them and marvels at how astonishingly wonderful love can be.


valentine card, owl, owls, silhouette, circus, lovevalentine card, owl, owls, silhouette, circus, love

You can find the Twit-Two-I-Do Owls on two new cards made especially for Valentine's Day or equally nice to send at any time of year to the person you love marvellously too. They've even got the tale of Mr and Mrs Owl on the back. They're in my Etsy shop in either corals and pinks, or in black >>> here and here >>> 

valentine card, owl, owls, silhouette, circus, love


▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼


Or if you want to add a sprinkling of magic to your Valentine, Bumblewick Beesting has been creating playing cards in honour of the queen of his heart (Miss Betty Butterscotch, in case you were wondering). But these are not just any old playing cards. Heavens no. These are magical playing cards which you can pop in your mouth and eat. What a delight.


eat me, valentine, king of my heart, edible playing card, edible valentine, queen of heartseat me, valentine, king of my heart, edible playing card, edible valentine, queen of hearts

There are two versions of the cards, either King of My Heart or Queen of My Heart, depending on your fancy. Both come with a very special edible playing card to take out and devour. The cards feature hand-drawn lettering and original illustrations . . . although I'm not sure how anatomically correct the heart is, so it's probably best not to base any major surgery on my drawing. If you'd like an edible Valentine card, they're in my shop over here >>>

eat me, valentine, king of my heart, edible playing card, edible valentine, queen of hearts, illustration


1 comment:

  1. love the edible valentines day cards - I may have to purchase one :)

    handmaderaspberry.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete